Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bambi is safe for another year


Holy-Moly that wind was howling around here last night. Sure feels like Fall here,51 degrees this morning but it will get up into the mid-70's today.

We got back from deer camp on Sunday afternoon and it took all day yesterday to get it all cleaned and put away. great weather for setting and visiting, but lousey weather for hunting. we needed some snow in the high mountains to drive the Deer down.

We arrived in camp at about 9:00pm and this picture is the next morning. I had planned to do some Trout fishing along the Kern River for a day or two but the closer we got the more I started to worry that someone would beat us to our camp site, so we just drove on into our spot. It was a good thang to because the next morning early 2 MH came in and looked around and left.

I see BB made it back to Home Base. I hope you got "that Jeep" fixed, I still have the Mule in my driveway and the trailer, it seems the guy I borrowed it from is out of town on business, and will not be back until Thursday, that means I have to babyset this stuff until then.

Ben it soundes like you need to talk to someone from Oregon and find out how they stop the moss from growing on the north side of you house with all of the rain you have been getting. Keep your powder dry.

OTG I enjoyed your photo trip to the Slabs.

I need to get rolling. Talk more later

I worked on the Blazer somemore today and I think I made it worse. It's like I may have dropped a small bolt down the intake, so now at least one of the heads has to come off. as Ben would say....Grrrrrrrrr.

Stopped by the youngest daughters house this afternoon and had a nice visit with her. We got home about 7:30 pm, in time to watch the Yankees get whipped.---Go Phillies

4 comments:

  1. thanks, U know you should head to the slabs. nice and warm there. I think Im going this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home ya old fart....we all missed ya.
    Boy howdy that one good look'n camp'n site. Last time I went to Kernville, took Sally right over Walker Pass....yee haa what a ride down the other side. Lived in Ridgecrest as a teenager.
    Sorry ya didn't see Bambi but I'm bet'n ya had a great time. I'm think'n she off in Colorado somewhere build'n snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OGT you need to get yourself a small camping trailer to tow behind that Ranger, that way you can spend some quality time at the Slabs. We will be headed to Quartzite,Az about the middle of January, and my stop by the Slabs for a visit for a day or so.

    We always go thru Walker Pass coming & going, nice road. That camp site is great, it will hold 4 big rigs like ours and has a great view. What I love about the area is the crisp pine scents of the forest, and the quiteness, except that one guy with a contractor generater that starts it at 6:30 in the morning. he is about 1 mile away but sounds like he is in your camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I like to stop by quartsite when I go through too, lots of stuff you dont see many places. I dont got a ranger though, I got a F 250 quad cab and a range rover I'll be trailering when I go through this winter.

    If Im headed east around that time I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete