What a mess it is around here, cleaning up and putting away all of the Christmas decorations. I always seem to find all of those little items that you have set aside to work on later and start messing with them and not putting stuff away.
I was boxing stuff up when the mailman came by and dropped off the mail and in it was a notice from DMV to renew the tags on one of the cars, I opened it to see how much it was going to cost and saw that this time I needed to have a smog test done before I could get my new tags. This car has a check engine light on and I know that will cause the car to fail the smog test. I spent over a week cleaning MAP,MAF sensers, plugs, and even ran 2 cans of fuel injector cleaner thru it, and the check engine light was still on. The only option left is to take it to the trusted mechanic who can fix anything. Got the call a couple days later that the problem had been found, bad O2 sensor, and this car has 2 of them and if you replace 1 then you should replace both of them $$. Ok so this costs several hundred dollors. then it cost over $60.00 to get it smog tested, but i'm all legal now with new tags.
I need to get over to the motorhome and get to work on installing a new inverter that will allow us to use the built-in coffe maker without having to start the big generator. I want to install a relay switch that will isolate the inverter from the 110 volt system except when I want to use it, and I want to hard wire it into the system. so this week I need to find a relay.
We head off for Quartsite around the 15th so I need to get busy, service the 2 generators, redo the tow bar for the toad and find those 2 water barrels.
battle?
2 years ago
Dang River, and I thought I was the only one that had to work on stuff to keep roll'n. Ain't it nice to get everything legal and not have to worry for another year.
ReplyDeleteI would like to be with you at Quartsite. I have been up at Stanton a few times. It is new Congress just north of Wickenburg. You have two generators in you RV or are these extras? Are they gas or diesel? Can you just drive over the desert sand with an RV? Don't forget to take you metal detector and gold pan.
ReplyDeleteYes it is BB, but I know that something is lurking around the corner just waiting for me to get comfortable and then Pow it's going to raise it's dark head and slap me.
ReplyDeleteI wish you could join us Dizzy. I would like to see that new pusher you got. were you able to fix the damaged awning or was it just cosmetic damage. Most of the camping areas around Quartzsite are firm ground and you can park about anywhere you want. We stay at a BLM site that is close to the big RV tent show, it cost $45 for a months camping but you get access to a dump station and fresh water. there are places that have free camping for 14 days, but they are about 5 miles out of town and if you are out site seeing & shopping in town like we do then it's a pain in the rear end to have to drive the distance to save $45 for the 2 weeks we are there. The 2 generators I was refering to are the big built in unit in the MH and a small portable 1000watt unit that we use most of the time when we are running the heater and watching tv. The small one will provide all the power you need to charg your batteries or watch tv, but it will not run the coffee pot or microwave those reguire at least a 2000w unit.