Friday, September 23, 2011

I'M ABOUT WORN OUT

Started the week out by getting the Insurance people to come out and see how much of the damage to the Motor Home they are going to cover. I know I'm going to have to pay the first $500 of the final bill. Tuesday I had to wait around for the big 18 wheeler tow truck to arrive and hook up, he then followed me to the driveline building place and get it into their repair area. He could not make the turns so he ended up dropping it in the parking lot and they hooked up the damaged driveline and I drove it real slow up onto their lift. By the time I got this done it was closing time.

We drove up to Santa Clarita yesterday around 2:00 to watch a Freshman Football game that our Grandson Jonathan is playing in, by the time we got out of there it was after 5:00 and we had to deal with the traffic for about 100 miles. While driving home the Driveline shop people called and said that the Motor Home was ready to pickup-----Bring cash.

Today I picked up the MH and they showed me additional damage that they found, which turned out to be to the inside right rear duel tire. The big extension ladder that I ran over got into the right rear tire and cut a big slice of it out. I drove the MH back to the storage location and I will take it to the Muffler shop next week. I will also get the insurance guy there to look at the tire while it is up on the lift. We then went to our son Keith's daughters Cheer Leading get together at her school in Huntington Beach. That pretty well finished the day for us.
   tomorrow it is back out to our daughters house to watch her youngist son play Football and her daughter cheer for his team.  I think we are ready for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of all the trouble you are having getting things worked out. Hope you will be back on the RV road soon.

    ReplyDelete